The vehicle was purchased new by the G.W.R in about 1938 for use at Newport Station, and subsequently sold to a Caduggan's flour mill at Usk in Wales who registered it as HWO 51 in 1949 to allow it to cross a public road.
In 2003 it was restored by Alex Thorpe, having been re-registered as 743 UXF. It has now been purchased by the Friends for display at Kidderminster.
The colour remains the real puzzle. We would have expected the truck to have been painted in grey primer and a top coat of Lister mid bronze green. So why was this particular truck finished in grey? We will, of course, add the famous GWR.
See Progress in ||