Motor Vehicle Depot

During the 1930's, the GWR opened this purpose built depot for its local fleet of motor vehicles. The facility remained in use by BR until the 1960's.

It had managed to survive until 2004 due to its continued use by a Coal delivery company as storage for their road vehicles.

Unfortunately, the discovery of large amounts of Asbestos has forced the abandonment of its refurbishment by the Friends and following professional advice, the building has had to be dismantled and removed from site.

Backing Signal Back BACK
GWR MOTOR VEHICLE DEPOT