Due to the offset nature of the traffic island on the forecourt of the station, traffic often passed to the right of this island.
During research into road signs of the 1930's, we received help from the 'Road Sign Heritage Collection' who were able to lend us an original. We had two copies cast which were painted in 'Traffic Blue'.
The pre-war reflective disk mounted on the post, was spotted by the road side with all its 'fruit gum' reflectors missing.
Further research through the 'Reflective Equipment Manufactures Association' gave us the name of a company that imports them from Austria. We received enough samples (14) to fill the disk.
|KEEP LEFT SIGN|